Terms of Business
In these Terms of Business ‘Platinum’ means DJs Limited trading as Platinum Promotions and the ‘Client’ means the company, firm or person that purchases the Services; Booking Form means the Booking Form signed by both Platinum and the Client; Services’ means the goods or services specified in Platinum’s invoice and/or the Booking Form.
1. Any contract made between Platinum and the Client (hereinafter call the ‘Contract’) shall incorporate the Booking Form and be subject to these Terms of Business; any other terms which the Client shall seek to incorporate into a Contract are hereby expressly excluded.
2. No instruction of the Client placed with Platinum (whether in response to a Booking Form or not) shall be binding on Platinum unless and until it is accepted by Platinum in writing. Unless agreed otherwise Platinum is not obliged to accept cancellation of a Contract and may require payment of a cancellation charge as well as reimbursement of all incurred expenditure before accepting any cancellation.
3. All the terms of a Contract shall be those contained expressly in or by reference to Platinum’s Booking Form together with these Terms of Business. A Contract may only be amended with the prior agreement of both Platinum and the Client. Any representations or warranties whether written or oral made prior to the date of a signed Booking Form are expressly excluded.
4. The price for the Services and any related expenses (hereinafter call the ‘Price’) shall be as set out in Platinum’s
Booking Form or Invoice.
5. Platinum shall retain control over the manner and means in which it shall perform the Services including which staff and resources are allocated and in all respects its relationship with the Client and that of any of Platinum’s staff shall be that of an independent contractor serving as a supplier and not as an employee or employees.
6. Platinum will provide the Services in accordance with generally and currently accepted music service practice.
This warranty is in lieu of all other warranties either express or implied.
7. Platinum shall be entitled to interest on any part of the Price not paid by its due date of invoice until payment at the rate of ten (10) per cent per annum above Barclays Bank plc’s Base Rate prevalling from time to time during such period. The Client hereby undertakes to pay to Platinum (on the basis of a full indemnity) all costs, charges and expenses incurred by Platinum in collecting or attempting to collect any indebtedness of the Client to Platinum.
8. Neither the Client nor Platinum may assign any or all of its interest in a Contract (other than to a related company or entity) without the prior written consent of the other.
9. If the Client is insolvent or shall fail to pay any amount owing to Platinum upon its due date the Client will be deemed to have repudiated all Contracts and all sums owing to Platinum on any account shall become due and payable forthwith without any requirement for any notice to be given.
10. The Client and or Client’s staff shall not be at liberty to approach any of Platinum’s contractors, staff, DJs or other
Artistes directly to provide the same or similar services to that of Platinum. All enquiries and bookings must be made through Platinum’s Booking Office. Platinum shall be entitled to loss of earnings and legal costs should a breach of this clause occur.
11. The Client shall not be entitled to withhold payment of any amount due and payable to Platinum under any Contract because of any dispute or claim by the Client in respect of faulty Services or any other alleged breach of contract nor shall the Client be entitled to any set-off against any amount payable under any Contract, any monies which are not then due and payable by Platinum or in respect of which Platinum disputes liability.
12. (a) Platinum shall not be under any liability whatsoever or howsoever arising from any loss of use of profit, interruption of business or any other indirect, special or consequential loss of any type arising or alleged to have arisen out of any act or default of Platinum in respect of its obligations hereunder;
(b) Platinum’s aggregate liability to the Client under any Contract or otherwise arising whether from negligence, breach of contract, misrepresentation or otherwise shall in no circumstances exceed the cost of the defective or undelivered Services which give rise to such liability, in respect of any occurrence or series of occurrences, as determined by the Price invoiced to the Client.
13. Platinum shall not be liable in respect of any loss or damage caused by or arising out of any circumstances outside Platinum’s reasonable control (including, without limitation, imposition of government regulations or orders, war, civil disorder, fire, flood, drought, tempest, theft, industrial dispute, delay by suppliers, carriers or other sub-contractors or inability to obtain materials, labour or services from usual sources) howsoever caused or arising.
14. The Client hereby undertakes to provide Platinum with suitable access to its premises and any necessary utility supplies in order to allow the provision of the Services.
15. If any of the Services shall comprise physical items then any such items in the possession of the Client shall remain the property of Platinum unless and until all monies due to Platinum have been settled by the Client. In the absence of such settlement Platinum shall have the right to recover such items from the Client hereby undertakes to allow the authorised representatives of Platinum suitable and reasonable access to its premises to allow the recovery and removal of such items.
16. Any damage sustained to any of Platinum’s equipment by the Client or persons attending the Client’s function shall by the responsibility of the Client. The Client is liable for repair costs and/or replacement costs depending on the nature of the incident.
17. Every Contract shall:-
(a) become effective as of the day of signing of the Booking Form by both parties or by their duly
(b) be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and any dispute arising therefrom
shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Price : As determined by “Grand Total” in emails or booking form
Option 1 – 100% of “Grand Total” to receive
Option 2 – 50% of Grand Total for normal price. Balance due 1 month
prior to your event.
Option 3 – If your event is more holding deposit can be paid. Remainder due 6 months prior to
your event to receive discount.
Basis of any Refund
In event of cancellation 25% of Grand Total non-refundable if cancellation is greater than 90 days. 50% of Grand Total non-refundable if cancellation is greater than 30 days before event. 100% of Grand Total non-refundable if cancellation is less than 30 days before event.
Payment:Please make all Cheques payable to “DJs Ltd”
BACs payments to Acc: 01458867, Sort Code: 30-92-53
Please use your reference for all BACs payments. Many thanks
Meal:Please provide a hot meal and some drinks for the DJ.
Please note – All DJs require 3 x 13 Amp domestic power sockets to plug in to and a 2m or 6ft table to mount
their equipment on with the exception of Jason Dupuy who provides his own.
Please remember if you have any questions or we can be of any assistance before, or after your booking,
then please do not hesitate to call us on 01322 412494. We are here to help you get the most
enjoyment from your event and ensure everything runs smoothly!
Terms of Business